Build Your Own Kitchen Cabinets (Popular Woodworking)
You don't need a showroom full of equipment or expertise in calculus to build your own kitchen cabinets. In fact, Danny Proulx's concise, easy-to-follow instructions enable you to create incredible kitchens with just a few power tools—a table saw, circular saw, router and drill.
Completely revised and updated, Build Your Own Kitchen Cabinets, Second Edition, provides start-to-finish guidelines for crafting upper and lower cabinets, plus practical information on kitchen design, material selection and tool shortcuts.
Proulx's instruction is practical, easy to understand and time-tested, refined in his own shop, and taught by him in countless seminars and workshops. You'll learn how to plan, design, construct and install your own complete handmade kitchen, from simple cabinets and over-the-sink cupboards to lazy-Susan shelving, stemware, storage and more:
- Combine the beauty of traditional face-frame cabinetry with the strength and simplicity of European cabinetry and hardware
- Build drawers, pull-outs and flip-outs to maximize storage space
- Use European hinges, adjustable legs and other specialized hardware to take the guesswork out of construction and installation
- Use simple butt joints to build strong cabinets quickly
- Customize your cabinets' looks with a variety of door styles, countertops and finishes