- 250-watt, 10-speed mixer with tilt-up head
- 4-1/2-quart bowl holds dough for 2 loaves of bread
- Three handy accessories: flat beater, wire whip, and dough hook
- Includes a guide with instructions, mixing tips, and 67 recipes
- Measures 13-8/9 by 8-2/3 by 14 inches; 1-year warranty
This model comes with three attachments: a flat beater for making batter, meat loaf, and all textures in-between; a wire whip for egg whites, mayonnaise, and more air-infused creations; and a hook for mixing and kneading yeast doughs. All three are solid in construction and easily secured to the beater shaft with a simple twist; untwisting them is a bit trickier because the attachment stems are short and can be hard to grasp, especially if they get the least bit greasy. The bowl itself locks tight to the base.
Standing 14 inches high, jutting out a foot, and weighing more than a grown woman's bowling ball, this stand mixer isn't the sort of appliance you'll wipe down and put away. Better to find a square foot of free counter space for easy access; besides, this machine is as pretty as it is rugged--you'll want to show it off.
To complete the package, KitchenAid includes a spiral-bound guide with instructions, mixing tips, and 67 recipes, from crispy waffles to a caramel walnut banana torte. --Betsy Danheim
- Toaster oven with dial controls and bake, toast, and keep-warm functions
- Spacious interior can accommodate up to 4 slices of bread or a 9-inch pizza
- 30-minute timer; power indicator light; drop-down crumb tray for quick cleanup
- Installs easily under a cabinet to save on space; cord storage; Save-a-Plug outlet
Akro-Mils 10724 24-Drawer Plastic Parts Storage Hardware and Craft Cabinet, 20-Inch by 16-Inch by 6-1/2-Inch, Black/Grey
- Rugged, high-impact polystyrene frame
- Drawer dividers molded into back of cabinet
- 24 virtually unbreakable drawers 4-3/8-Inch by 2-Inch by 5-1/4-Inch
- Perfect for crafts, beads, hardware, fishing and more
- Made in the USA
- Distinguished wall cabinet provides open cubby and enclosed shelf
- Sturdy engineered-wood construction; classic, pure-white finish
- Glass-paneled cupboard doors with framing accents and crystal knobs
- Crown molding and recessed side panels; some assembly required
- Measures 7 by 22 by 24 inches
White kitchen cabinets are a popular choice in many kitchen because it is classic, bright and relatively inexpensive. However, many people do not know how to coordinate the other finishes in their kitchen to work with white cabinets. Many times, white on white with a little bit of tan is the end result and it rarely looks good. So if you are having problems with coordinating finishes, use this guide to create a beautiful kitchen that is almost fool proof.
Hardware and Lighting: Brushed Nickel or Oil Rubbed Bronze
When you are considering what finish of hardware and lighting to use with your white kitchen cabinets, there are two that stand out: brushed nickel and oil rubbed bronze. If you want the hardware to be soft and blend in with it’s surroundings, brushed nickel is the perfect choice because it will be light like your cabinetry. However, if you would like your hardware to sand out, oil rubbed bronze will be a beautiful contrast to the white which will make the hardware pop. Whatever finish you choose, just make sure your hardware and lighting have the same finish so your kitchen has a cohesive feeling.
Your countertop color choice can really be any color or style that you wish, so long as the color will contrast the cabinets. If you choose a counter color that is too similar to the cabinets, the look of your kitchen will be cold and lifeless. So, hold up samples of different countertop color options you are considering to your cabinets to make sure that there is enough of a difference between the two colors. Then just choose the countertop material and color that you like the best.
Flooring: Look to the Counters
The easiest way to choose a coordinating flooring material is look at your countertop choice. Look at the predominate color in your counter and find a flooring that has this same hue somewhere in the design. If you choose a counter that is primarily green or blue, look for flooring that has green or blue undertones but is not primarily that color as it can be overwhelming. If you still are not sure what to choose, a neutral tan flooring or even a medium tone wood that will work with virtually any color scheme.
Appliances: Stainless Steel or Black
When it comes to picking an appliance color, you are going to want to follow the same color scheme you used for your hardware. If you choose brushed nickel hardware, stainless steel appliances will coordinate the best. Oil rubbed bronze hardware? Black appliances are the best color choice. Avoid white or almond color appliances that will blend in too much with the cabinetry and leave your kitchen feeling bland.
Once you have your appliances picked out all you have to do is accessorize your kitchen in a color that complements your countertops. A few small pictures, dish towels and curtains and you are done. You can now sit back and enjoy your perfectly coordinated kitchen. Just be prepared to help your friends when they ask for help on how to make their kitchens look as good as yours.
Painting kitchen cabinets is an easy and inexpensive way to bring old cabinets back to life. AsktheDecorator.com host Meghan Carter shows you how to paint kitchen cabinets and offers a few inspirational decorating ideas for really dressing up your kitchen cabinets.
- Installs as non-ducted only with charcoal filter
- 75-watt cooktop lighting (bulb not included)
- Non-ducted filter - effective non-ducted filtration system removes smoke and odors
- Rocker-type fan and light control; 2-Speed fan
- 30-inch Width by 17.5-inch Depth by 6-inch Height
Find More Kitchen Cabinet Hardware Products
- Assembled Dimensions: 36in L x 20in W x 36in H/ Weight: 49 lbs
- Solid Hardwood Construction
- Ceramic Terra Cotta Tile Top and Slat Sides
- Includes Mission Bar and Two Stools That Store Under Table
- Comes in Your Choice of Fruitwood or White
- From Catskill Craftsmen, double door storage cabinet for extra storage in kitchen, bathroom, or other room
- Sustainable North American hardwood construction with white finish
- Round white knobs and wainscot paneling on doors; provides 3 storage shelves
- Requires home assembly; matching buffet, kitchen cart, and other pantry cabinets available
- Assembled, measures 28-1/2 inches wide by 12-1/2 inches deep by 36 inches high; 1-year limited manufacturer's warranty